Hello! Presidents day was this Monday, so I thought I’d do a Presidents Day craft. Let’s make this charm!
You will need : Red and blue construction paper, white printer paper, scissors, white yarn, markers, a pipe cleaner, red white and blue beads, and a glue stick (glue stick isn’t in the picture, sorry about that).
1. Fold part of the white paper in half and draw a half – heart. Make it as big as you want your charm to be.
2. Cut it out. DO NOT UNFOLD BEFORE YOU CUT IT! After you cut it, Unfold it.
3. Trace the heart onto the red paper with a marker. It doesn’t have to be perfect.
4. Cut the red heart out and set it aside. It will be used later, but right now, we don’t need to use it.
5. Fold the white heart and cut off the edge of the heart and throw it out (or recycle it). You can see in the second picture the difference between the sizes.
6. Repeat steps 3-4 on the blue paper with the now smaller white heart.
7. Repeat step 5 on the white heart. You can compare sizes with the picture.
8. Put glue on the blue heart. Be sure to get all the edges, but you don’t have to put glue in the center.
9. Center the blue heart on top of the red heart, and press it down. Make sure they stick.
10. Repeat steps 8-9 on the white heart. Check again and make sure that it all sticks!
11. Write something on the white heart. I wrote USA, but you can write whatever you want.
12. Now, cut a piece of yarn. It can be as long as you want, I am making mine this long.
13. Poke a hole at the top of the heart. Use your pipe cleaner, but don’t poke yourself!
14. Thread the yarn through the hole. If you have a hard time, put your pipe cleaner through the hole, hook the yarn on, and pull it through.
15. String the beads through the yarn. If it gets difficult, look at step 14 to see how pull the yarn through with the pipe cleaner.
16. Tie a knot on the yarn, and then your done! You can make these for all your friends and family. Enjoy!